Thursday, December 31, 2009

Screw Yu

Yesterday, Akmal Shaikh, a British national, was executed by Communist China. Apparently, he was tried and convicted of trafficking heroin, one of many capital offenses in China. I don't know all the details of the case. Apparently, Shaikh suffered from bipolar disorder and had significant delusions of grandeur - which may or may not have allowed him to be "tricked" into transporting the heroin.

According to news sources, in response to a British diplomat's criticism of the execution, Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Jiang Yu said, "Nobody has the right to speak ill of China's judicial sovereignty..."

To that I say: Screw You, Jiang Yu! Try and stop me! I live in a nation where freedom of speech is guaranteed by our constitution. I can speak all the ill I want of your oppressive "sovereignty" and you can't do a thing about it.

No comments: